Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Seattle Homeless Blog

OK, time to remind myself why I'm doing this.

For over 20 years I've gone out on the street having encounters. No agenda, just be available, listen, know about resources, problem solve.

Which means I have a huge backlog of stories. And new ones every day.

This morning -- 10ish -- I was giving a tour to some Seattle Pacific University students http://www.spu.edu and a disheveled young guy was hanging around, wanting to know if we were opened. I explained what we do -- at NIGHT -- get it? and then brought him some breakfast and talked to him. Dealing with mental issues. Turn folks loose on the street with $575 a month and expect them to be okay.

I'd be walking around on the backs of my shoes talking to myself within two, maybe three weeks.

Seattle Homeless Blog. I have to blow it out somehow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home