Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Nice Night

Never know what's going to happen. We visited our Queen Anne Hill favorite tavern -- guess it's on the market, broken urinal and all. Anyway $175,000 and it's yours.

Regular I didn't know came up to Father Kim & I. "I never take the Lord's name in vain," he slurred, "so you m---f---ers don't have to worry about me."

But we had a nice hour visiting with friends and hanging out.

At Kelly's it was hi R#3 and Don and the big news: Bartender J's birthday. I asked her at some point if she would have been happier taking the night off. "Heck no!!!" was her response, 'cause on your birthday everyone is a big tipper -- one guy gave her $50, so she was pretty happy -- singing along to the jukebox and wearing a tiara.

Drove north on Aurora -- hi to Nite's Inn where we place homeless families. Didn't realize how timely our visit would be -- ended up putting a couple there for the night; they didn't have kids with them but she said (and looked like) she was sick -- cancer.

God bless them all.
R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home