Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Milk Maid Leaving?


Ohmigosh.


The Milk Maid is saying she might have another job, about 90 minutes closer to home.


It may be too early to get all worried about it. She's been working the bar, pulling beers, waving off offers, settling down the rambunctious, and (she does it all) frying up burgers for a reeeeely long time. A smile is never far from her face. Some folks call her mom, and she told me she gave up being mad about it.


"I worry about this place," she told me last night, but it wasn't the place so much as the people who circulate in and out. That sort of loyalty is pretty rare these days. Anywhere.


I wonder what will happen.


When Harriet left the Dog House in May of 1980, Mount St. Helen's erupted.


Stand back!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home