Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Homeless and healthcare


Today we got a call that one of our favorite former shelter workers and denizens died of "natural causes" whatever the heck that means. I don't know if he was even 50 years old.

Meanwhile, I missed my night out last week thanks to "veinous ligation" meaning that they stripped the ruined veins out of both legs (like gutting a trout, I guess).

Makes you wonder about healthcare for homeless people. Will they go get it when they need it? Or do they simply (as I suspect) take what they can get, when they must?

Post op recovery options have got to be brutal.

What a system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home