Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Stormy Weather


Life is bare, gloom and misery everywhere

Stormy weather

Just cant get my poorself together,

I'm weary all the time

So weary all the time.
Billie Holiday says it all -- a stormy night in Seattle. Bad weather shelters are open, bars are pretty empty. Tent City residents were huddled like drowning rats.
Took Ben with me. We were cautioned not to poke at the tarp in the HQ tent -- but it was so tempting, a big bulge of water hanging right over our head.
Hit three bars -- no action at one, very slow in Rat City tonight. But we puts in our time and we will surely get to be known better there.
Good luck Father Kim with the Garage sale tomorrow. Sun will shine in my back yard someday.
R

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

for the uninitiated, and for those who are simply curious, what do you actually DO when you go on these bar crawls, especially when you go to one you've never been to before? 'Hi, I'm Pastor Rick, wanna talk?" You're easy to talk to, but how do you actually go about this?

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home