Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Friday, October 12, 2007

Rat City


What a night we had in Rat City! I got out of the car and said to Pastor Dave, "Watch, they're gonna think we're cops."

We go into a new bar (well, new to us), and the first thing the 77 year-old drunk at the bar says is "Hey. . . are you guys cops?"

I told him yes, just to see what he'd say. He knew I was lying.

We also met: a grandma with chartreuse hair who teaches school; a social worker who knew my Capitol Hill neighbor in the 1970s; a vivacious bartender; several other noteworthy characters.

I think we're hooked.

Oh yeah, some really drunk lady trying to take off her sweatshirt gave the poker players an accidental shot of her boobs. Believe me, naked boobies were not very interesting.

Twenty-five years of hanging out in bars, first time I've see that. Sure wish I hadn't.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That gave me a much-need guffaw!! Thanks!

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, even drunk ladies with ugly boobs need love too!

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home