Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Locked In

Alone tonight.

Dravus Street bar was locked. I tried the front door. I tried the side door. Nothing. I looked in the window. Hey. There's people in there! Finally they sent a big guy out to get me. The place is locked up tight with people listening to music, drinking, talking. And now I'm locked in with them.

Apparently there was some excitement tonight. Some boyfriend cussed them out, left, came back, assaulted his girlfriend, or tried to. He wasn't a very good aim with a pool ball, it missed her, but it had enough velocity to do some serious damage. It scared everybody except the girlfriend.

Me and the other guy who missed all the fun decided to play pool. What do you know -- I won!

As a consolation, I gave "Cheese" a ride home. He said he would come back some Thursday. He's Roman Catholic (not that there's anything wrong with that). I was clear about my affiliation, but he was still interested in talk
ing. In fact, he didn't realize I was a minister until we left the bar to get into the car.

Nothing much the rest of the night, but 3rd and Bell was closed at 11:15 when I got there. Earlier time? or are we just running late?

Have a lovely sleep, princess.

Rick

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you haven't blogged for awhile...you must have been hanging out with some cool people at warm beach last weekend :)

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home