Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Shaw Island


It's pretty far from the streets of Seattle to Shaw Island:
http://www.google.com/maphp?hl=en&tab=wl&q=Shaw%20Island%20WA

Yesterday I preached there -- think I should have said less, which is an awful feeling for a preacher. One advantage of my keeping on the move is hammering away until I get it right. New congregation next week. And a few people said they were encouraged.

This past week I was on vacation, didn't go "do the bars." My brother and family were in town. I got to be a tourist.

Took the "Underground Tour" http://www.undergroundtour.com/ It was interesting to hear that homeless people used to sleep in those basements that used to be storefronts in what is now subterranean Seattle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home