Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Street misery

Street ministry or street misery?

I put up a happy picture of John and Tiger to remind myself that Nightwatch isn't all tragic horror. It just feels that way sometimes.

John is a paying tenant -- he does jigsaw puzzles and brags about how long he's lived in the building. I feel pretty good knowing that without Nightwatch he'd probably be flopping around one of the shelters at age 75, or dead.

Meanwhile, anyone have a joke for me?

Must be a holiday weekend -- I need three days off.

R

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home