Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Lead us not into temptation




M's birthday tonight. She's up on the bar shimmying in celebration. It was beautiful and awful at the same time. She's a lovely looking woman, but egad. Full of alcohol most the time I see her, and hanging out with a rough crowd.

Met L. "I never found God" he told me bitterly. Knows he's gotta quit the juice. Not enough love in his life. Ever.

Tonight Milk Maid told W. out in the parking lot, "Someone inside wants to see you."

He says, "Who, Jesus?"

"No, just a friend."

Before I left I told Milk Maid, she was Jesus in the joint when I'm gone. Got her thinking maybe. She's got to get out of there. Somehow.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home