Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Friday, September 21, 2007

"FUN"


OK, you define fun how? Taking knit hats to appreciative and friendly Tent City 3 residents? Visiting a bar and having a time talking to a Marine Corps vet?


He says the funniest line of the night "I'm low speed, high torque." Had to be there I guess.


Sally K. from Temple Beth Am came for a "ride-along." She skipped our last stop (she's entitled, she says. . .) -- a new bar "The Boxcar" -- since we're not going there I don't have to scramble the name I guess. It was too fun, too young, too loud for our usual Nightwatch-type crowd. Karioke night. If you were tanked, it was probably great music.


We were out looking for refugees from one of our bars that closed down. Guess we'll have to continue the search next week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Living in my Car said...

Pastor Rick, have you any idea where I can find out where Tent City III went? Much obliged.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Pastor Rick said...

Riverton Park United Methodist Church
maps.google.com

3118 S 140th St
Tukwila, WA 98168
(206) 246-1436
Get directions

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home