Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

On Counting Homeless People


We've got lots of energy, we're out with our friends at 2:00 in the morning.
It feels an awful lot like college prank stuff.
Except it's not.
It's deadly serious, a crying shame, that we have to go through this. If I sound jaded and sick of the whole thing, maybe I am. I wonder what would happen if I refused to count homeless people?
This year the Compass Center is hosting the event. Why is little old Nightwatch still up to our ears in this thing? We figured out the other day that the Compass Center is 14 times bigger budget-wise than we are. Yet, here is the entire Nightwatch admin staff busy all night.
OK, I'll quit bitching. Loads of people are chipping in on this thing now. Just once I'd like to read about it in the paper in the morning, over a cupa joe.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home