Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Driving women to shelter

Oh, my. The smell -- pretty fierce. At first I thought someone had an accident in the back seat of the Nightwatch van; no, just hygiene challenged.

I rolled down several windows, heater on high all the way back to pick up another load of women. Evidently the smell dissipated.

One young woman with a southern drawl, gets into the van and exclaims, "Wow, I love that new van smell!" She was serious.

I laughed so hard later that tears came out.

Meanwhile, we're looking for volunteer drivers. Interested? email us. No sex offenders, clean driving record, thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home