Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Friday, April 18, 2008

It's getting worse


This SUCKS.
Tonight's gory numbers: 200 homeless people served (a record at our current location).
Twenty three men turned away.
Six women given nothing but a bus ticket and a blanket to get them through the night.
Horribly crowded. Every shelter in Seattle is filled. It is raining as I write this at midnight.
We're seeing very sick people, mentally ill, old people who can barely walk, addicts, and working people. They're not all hopeless, but none of them have money to live in this community.
Maybe we should just rent a bus and drop them off in Tacoma. Surely our neighbors to the south wouldn't mind.
We need help. Got any ideas? Call us.
R

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rick I will be reviewing your home page very ofen I moved into my new apt ,its wonderful .I have made a rule to find some way to be of help to you ,and I will come up with some thing .I want to thank you for my short stay .your card is taped to my office desk and I will keep up my review to give back .your pal John McHale past location 302 14th ave apt 302 voice mail 206-926-9442 GOD bless you .and your not fat your wonderful for what you do!

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home