Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Silky Vestments



Brother Wes Browning seems just a little too infatuated with the nearness of all us clergy types at the City Hall Tent Meeting. Apparently finding out that we aren't all child-beating Old Testament patriarchal types has poked a hole in the thin veneer of his reality.

His infatuation in Real Change focuses on "silky vestments." I believe I should take Brother Wes to Kauffer's Catholic Bookstore and we shall show him how easy it is to dress for success; priesthood of all believers, you know?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Wes Browning said...

I wouldn't say infatuated, but I definitely feel giddy as a school girl around silky vestments. Not only do they look good, but they smell nice, too!

My wife-o-the-annulment took me to Kauffer's years ago so I could buy her votive candles. I didn't even think to look at silky vestments at that time.

It goes to show how people change. At one time I hated garlic. Today I eat it like candy. The next time I go to Kauffer's I'll be so all over the vestments, they'll have to call the cops!

4:02 AM  
Blogger Pastor Rick said...

Dr. Wes, the really great thing about Kauffers is that you can pretty much buy whatever you want there, credentialed or not. Walk in, wave your money in their face, and walk out in your shiny clerical collar and silky whatever.

And now I wonder if the same thing can happen at the police uniform shop on Denny near Stewart. Hmmm.

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home