Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Exhaustion


It's been awhile since I was this weary. Tonight I was home for an hour at dinner, then met and gave a tour to a bunch of Methodists at Nightwatch. At 9:00 I took Aaron with me.
It was remarkable how quiet certain venues were. Tent City, people were snoring at 9:30. First bar stop, long talk with R3, but it was really dead, at least inside. The clubs seemed busy. Talked running with a friend at a third stop.
Back at Nightwatch, we served 190 people. Everyone was gone by 11:30, one guy turned away. But I guess a bunch of men hadn't shown up at the Millionair Club shelter by the cut off time of 11:00. We sent them 81 (for a 75 capacity space) and only 65 people were there at 11:30. Figure that one out. Better offer en route?
So now, I'm going to bed, and I'm going to enjoy it. I've got to be back at work at 9:00 a.m. which is barely enough time to brush my teeth.
Would you do me a favor? Sometime today check out the sleep deprivation web site and let me know what I'm doing to myself, like an executive summary? Much appreciated.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home