Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Sick and miserable


Everyone gets sick at some point. The flu. Ugh. Imagine being sick AND homeless.
Tonight some young lady was looking really miserable - wrapped up in blankets, fevered. She was sitting in one of the tent cities.
"What do you usually do in these cases?" I asked the person in the Headquarters tent. "If I get medicine can you give it to her?"
Yup. So I ran off to the store.
I'm looking at the TheraFlu. Shoot, you have to be able to heat water for that.
Ended up with two packages of capsule form of Vick's Nyquil. Your donor dollars at work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home