Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Fun with the kiddos


What a day.
I took four homeless kids to the fair for the day. Two boys, two girls, ages 7 to 12. They had a blast.
Monster Truck revved up at the gate made them jump a mile.
They went on 8-9 rides each. No one got sick!
Petting a goat for the first time. Petting a cow. Petting a rabbit. Petting a chicken. I thought we might never leave the petting area. The seven year old didn't want to stop petting.
The kids got along so great with each other. I actually got misty-eyed at their enchantment with everything. First fair they had ever been to.
What a great job I have!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home