Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Pastor Dave's Big Night


Yes, it was a little slow on Dravus Street -- I was talking with Mitch, minister candidate, chit-chatting with our favorite Milk Maid. Pastor Dave decided to amuse himself with pull tabs.

Guess what. He won the big pot. $105 simoleans.

He paid me back five bucks for the hamburger he ate, and I told him he had to buy me water at the next stop.

I'm betting he's the only minister to win pull tab money while out on Nightwatch.

Mitch has quite the story of coming to faith. He's hoping to finish school, become a minister, maybe in an alternative setting.

Hey Mitch, you can have my job! Rick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home