Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Homeless Style


Check out the club where I spoke to the morning Rotary. http://www.newcastlegolf.com/ It is a first class deluxe place. I love Rotarians and their $125 golf tourneys. They do a lot of good.

Later in the day I was grubbing out the kitchen with David (a volunteer) and Ann (Deputy Director), checking mousetraps; and then moving ceiling tiles in our new space, getting dust and grit and fiberglass all over my nice slacks and clergy shirt.

I'm not brilliant enough to figure out that I needed to leave the house at 6:30 a.m. with two or three sets of clothes. I needed my rubber suit, an extra pair of jeans, a helmet and goggles, union suit, mask. (fiberglass in the new ceiling in the office, yuk).

What about the poor dude who hires out at a temp service for the day, gets paid $80 and ruins his only pair of jeans? See why they "look homeless?" It happens every day, believe it. Rick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home