Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Friday, June 29, 2007

F**** Cool Incarnation


I can't reproduce the conversation -- one of those nights I wish I had a wire to secretly record what happened.


He was drunk, expansive, brimming with poetry and juiced up love for God and humanity.


I've never seen him before maybe never will again. But he gave me a gift -- some original poetry, a picture of a soul pulled two directions, and the earthiest endorsement of Jesus ever given. "He f****** took all the f******* sins of the f******* world. The f******* cool Incarnation. F******* incredible.


His final words to me were the same used at my ordination. Maybe not exactly.

R

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home