Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Privacy


It's so hard to know what's the right thing to do. I've dumped a ton of stories in this blog, and usually mix things up to protect people. Sometimes when I go out to speak I use names -- first names. And sometimes I even change those up to make sure to protect people.
But today a reporter called, looking for a guy who has suffered a terrible injustice. I didn't reveal anything, but told the reporter he could come visit our shelter dispatch program and see if the guy was there, willing to talk to him.
But even though this may right a wrong, maybe the guy doesn't want any attention. Maybe he doesn't want his family to know where he is, maybe there's another reason why he's content to stay in a shelter. And because it is sort of a "John Doe" situation with the guy's name, maybe it's not the same person at all.
Nightwatch doesn't require ID -- we will help you. Rick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home