Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Friday, September 24, 2010

A small moment in the night.




It's weird.
If I look for "dapper homeless" I get George Clooney for dapper, and a classic Bowery Skid Road type. I guess they're both rather loveable.
Last night about 9:00 pm I was in my car, pulling away from the curb, when there was a loud rap on my passenger side window.
I jumped a foot. Some homeless guy, looking more more like a college student than a stereotype, wanted to talk. I rolled the window down, wondering if I was going to get panhandled, or hear some complaint.
"Hey," he said, "I just want to thank you guys for all the socks. Everybody loves it. I thought you should know."
What happened the rest of the night didn't really matter so much.
Sometimes the aggravations are worth it. Yep.
Sock It to Homelessness, October 10, 1:30 - 3:00 at Operation Nightwatch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home