Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Three months clean


Joe came up to me full tilt, looking ragged and too excited to see me.

“You told me I wouldn’t die.”

My mind went racing for his name, a face, something to help me remember this guy and the conversation. Nothing.

“Remember?” he asked. “I told you I was sick of heroin, and wanted to get into a treatment program. I’ve been clean for three months now.”

Suddenly the light went on. “I was right! You didn’t die,” I pointed out. Joe’s face broke into a grin. “I was mad when you told me that, but it was the truth. I didn’t die.”
No one dies from quitting heroin. Don’t relapse Joe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home