Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Tenting In Seattle


Do you have tents to donate?
Apparently the City of Seattle doesn't need to obey their own laws and regulations.
We've had reports this week of homeless tents being macheted (ed: this was based on Tim Harris' erroneous reporting -- the tents were disposed of. Not as dramatic, but the same outcome), despite the newly self-imposed regulations concerning homeless encampments.
If people need help surviving outside, I will equip them.
I'm really sorry I can't be at the camp in behind City Hall this Sunday night. Maybe I'll sleep in my backyard this week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pastor Rick said...

Alas, apparently the report of the "machete-ed tent" was the creative license of Real Change editor Tim Harris.

But there need not be any improvements on the sad truth that the City is not following its own guidelines, simply making life worse for people trying to survive.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home