Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Shattered

On the edge of reality
my new homeless friend
describes, in great detail,
his broken down body,
following a motorcycle crash:
"Pins here and here,
A metal rod there,
a plate in the back of my head
and a hole in my gut."

His great love was shattered, too,
but not to worry;
he wears the Harley logo, still,
emblazoned on his jacket
and his chest
(he lifts his shirt
to prove the point).
He holds the memory of the bike
in his heart
along with the memory of
two daughters missing
after a seperate,
chaotic crash
of family.

They require no tattoo.

R

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home