Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

My Back Porch








I stood on my back porch and snapped a pic about 10:00 pm 12.21.08.

Not really complaining.

All week I was getting around just fine in my all wheel drive Subaru. Even today, I got out to Queen Anne for church, no problems with getting over Capitol Hill.

But this afternoon my friend Dustin put out the call for firewood for Nickelsville. I loaded up the car and headed down the alley. I slid, stalled 1/2 block from home.

Spent the next hour with Lorri hooking up the chains, getting advice from neighbors, trying to simply back up and park. Yeah. An hour to park.

When it snows, everything gets a bit tricky.

Now I have to worry about a bunch of new stuff. Will Nightwatch be able to serve homeless people through a busy week? Hope the volunteers are smarter than me with picking routes. Looking at my car on a side street up to the hubcaps in snow, I'm not sure if I'll be able to drive before Wednesday.

And will our donors remember us during this horrible distraction?

And can I have a Christmas brunch for my friends?

sigh. At least the tree looks nice.

And God, keep everyone warm who is homeless tonight. Forgive me my pettiness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home