Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Great Smile

To get the full impact of this story, you probably should look at this picture, then imagine the exact opposite.

My buddy stops me on the street. He has about 6 teeth left in his mouth, and they're ready to tip over.

"Think anybody can help me with these?" he asks, and shows me how loose the survivors are. I wince. Couldn't help it.

"I'd really like implants," he goes on. Hmmm. No one is going to spring for those. What about dentures?

"Tell the truth. I'm just paranoid enough to think they're going to take my teeth out, polish them up, and sell them to someone else." Paranoid is right. The tooth fairy can only take so much.

I suggested he get someone to pop him one, then have Harborview do the extractions. My friend demurred. We had a good laugh, he gave me permission to tell the story.

Now, anyone have any ideas, besides the free clinic at Union Gospel?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sea-Mar Dental Clinic down in South Park?

6:34 PM  
Blogger Pastor Rick said...

thanks, I'll check it out. Who are you BTW?

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home