Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

What's it going to take?




x
I don't know what to do at this point. We are going to turn away 20 - 25 men tonight because there isn't enough shelter in the city of Seattle.
We can look at the good we do for the 150 men & women we got inside. But too many more nights of this, and people are going to blow a stack. Our employees are feeling really ragged.
We easily need another 50 spots, just for the people coming to Operation Nightwatch.
Maybe an Operation Nightwatch sponsored Tent City? I dunno. AAAaaarrrgggghh. I hope I got 3,000 blankets coming soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rick, thank you for your work. I'm blogging at http://freestylevolunteer.blogspot.com/ to get volunteers to spend time with people socially isolated by homelessness or mental illness. It doesn't get them the shelter they need, but it is a way of acknowledging their dignity and worth. Please check out Freestyle Volunteer when you have a chance. I deeply value your efforts and your writing.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home