Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Monday, June 15, 2009

What I'm working on . . .

Friday night, it's about a six minute drive to Operation Nightwatch from one of the most fabulous houses in the region, bar none. Beautiful house, filled with beautiful women, writing checks to support homeless sisters at Operation Nightwatch. They gave $20,000+ in two nights.

Meanwhile outside Nightwatch, it's 9:00 pm and homeless people have lined up to get a decent meal and a place to go for the night. It's an interesting transition.

I'm greeting people and shaking hands and answering questions.

Some young guy says, "If I'm already a believer, what's the next thing I should be working on?"

Learn how to love people. That's what I told him, and he told me he thought that was a good answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home