Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

So long, Bill.


Bill went in the hospital two weeks ago. He thought it might be pneumonia.

Turned out to be something worse.

Last Wednesday he let it be known he wanted to be baptized. Thursday I talked with him about it.

Friday I went back. He confirmed his wish. So I baptized him while he lay in bed at Veteran's Hospital.

Bill liked being baptized. He smiled and said, "It's so easy!"

Very easy.

The next day I got a call from a neighbor. Bill was dead. Having made his peace, he simply let go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home