Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Friday, October 01, 2010

Who are you?

Person in distress:
you made my phone rattle
at 1:00 a.m.

It's not that 1:00 a.m.
is an ungodly hour
or that my dream
was so especially delicious.

I am distressed today,
because, realizing you woke me,
you refused to talk.

"Who ARE you?"

My question hung there
unanswered in the night.

I could have helped.
I would have helped
if you needed it.

I know who I am
at 1:00 a.m.
I am your friend
who will come to you.
That's what I do.
But, who are you?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Beaumont Furniture Cleaning said...

Grateful for ssharing this

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home