Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Weird Call to John, Night Supervisor

There was a confusing message on the phone, and then the woman called.

"I'm living in motel in Seatac, and I'm afraid people are trying to get into my room at night."

Ok. John thought maybe she was going to ask for a hotel voucher, or had some other need.

"I just wondered how soon you could get someone down here to watch me?"

Say what?

"Isn't this Nightwatch? I thought you would send someone down here to watch me at night so no one would come into my motel room."

A little confusion. We don't do that.

1 Comments:

Blogger iamkatia said...

haha, that made me laugh out loud!

found some free time today to go further back in your blog.
it's really making me want to do a photo-journalistic piece on you and Nightwatch.

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home