Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Compass points north


"Buddy" just got back from work in Alaska.

Tonight at Dravus Street he spoke the truth to another patron.

"When I was sixth grade I read everything, and decided to read the Bible. My family didn't have any church connection or anything.

"Then in seventh grade I got it." He points to his heart. "Since then I know I am alright."

"It's like when I'm on the boat; I know I get off course, but I check my compass, pointing me north.

"I always got that compass, getting me back on course."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home