Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Wedded Bliss? NOT!!


Dravus Street bar has been heating up -- bartender says she has to testify about a shooting in the parking lot, where tonight the drunk motorcycle riding Army private told me he is heading back to Iraq for a 2nd tour, that he just got married four weeks ago.

He is formal, foggy, and maybe full of gas. He asked for prayer, wanted assurance God would be in Iraq. After this "significant" conversation we went into the bar, where within minutes he was approached by a hooker and left.

Playing the story out in my mind in the past day or two, I'm not sure there was anything I could have told him to turn him another direction. Pretty sick moment. Hope he wakes up to reality before he kills himself, but I think his reckless behavior is going to get him. Sadly yours, Rick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home