Street Stories

Weblog of Seattle minister to the homeless Rick Reynolds, Operation Nightwatch

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

Caring for human beings seems like the best use of my time, homeless or not.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Brother, Where Art Thou?


Took my brother along tonight for the ride. Rather slow night, but maybe he had some fun. MFQAT saw The Couple leaving. Their timing or mine is excellent; finally figured out that our order of bar hopping means we're hitting the bar after their favorite show hits the tube, so we miss each other.

They asked me to quote their favorite Luther quote, and now I'm not sure I've got it right. Anyone out there know? "Sin boldly, and love more boldly still."

He suffers from MS, but is "doing better" according to her. Not sure what happens if you overlay a neurological disease like that with beer, but it can't help I would think.

Last stop was at one of the men's shelters -- not full. There were a ton of options tonight, which is good because it was a classic mystery novel "dark and stormy" one. But it is early in the month, people are partying.

"TAKING TIME OFF FROM BEING HOMELESS" is what I was told.

Sigh.

Rick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home